Monday, October 11, 2010

Moving!

Greetings once again, everyone!

Sorry again for the long delay in posts! Things have been busy since the break-in: there was a pastor training seminar here, so that took some time, but also a decision was made for me to move. This has not been an easy decision. The Nazarene campground has been my home for the last eight years and holds many wonderful memories for me. The Teck family was staying here when I first came, and helped me adjust to so many things. Of course I have many memories from the students at the school I used to run, but also from teams and pastors and other local people who come in for seminars. My family built my apartment for me, and I have been very comfortable and happy here. However, I have been praying about being more involved in a village, so I guess this will be a good change, albeit rather unexpected and sudden. Also, not quite the direction I had planned on moving, but God knows what He is up to!

I will be living in a K'ekchi community, so that will be a new challenge for me, since I speak Maya, and not K'ekchi. However, we have been praying for a K'ekchi co-worker, so this may be God's way of bringing that about.

I am partially moved, and hope to complete the process in the next couple of days. I'll be back with an update soon! Thank you for your continued prayers!

No comments: