Saturday, October 2, 2010

Great is His faithfulness!

Greetings everyone!

I am sure some of you have been wondering about the absence of a new update. This week has been an interesting one, and makes me stand back and thank God for His great faithfulness. He never fails us.

Monday and Tuesday were spent up in the capital checking on some details for the pig project. We came back Tuesday night to no electricity, making the place very dark. Sandra and I lit some candles and made the best of it. Electricity was still off Wednesday, so in the evening, we went to Big Falls to recharge computers and phones, and let Sandra iron her school uniform. We enjoyed Wednesday evening service there, as well as a cup of coffee and good conversation with Pastor Andres after service.

When Sandra and I arrived back home, we discovered my apartment had been broken into. In fact, the robbers must have been inside when we arrived, as they left many of their things behind, including the tools they had used to enter. A long night followed, I went to get the police and Clifford, and they searched unsuccessfully for the suspects.

The only things found missing were my lighters (for my gas stove), an envelope with a small amount of Guatemalan currency, and several pieces of chicken out of the pot on the stove. They had just been in the middle of searching my things when I arrived, minimizing the loss.

The next day, Clifford and Sabastian, the caretaker, followed the footprints to a house not far away. Once again they retrieved the police, and he detained a young man for questioning. That is the last information we have heard.

Sandra and I have spent the last few nights away from the Center, just to be on the safe side. However, most of all we are thankful for God's wonderful hand of protection... that we were gone when they came, but came back in time to scare them away. That they didn't take much, and we were even able to bless them with chicken!

Thank you so much for your prayers on our behalf. God is faithful to answer them. Please continue to lift us up before the throne of grace.

No comments: