Monday, May 11, 2009

Storm!!!!

Greetings everyone! Just a quick update to let you know the workshops are still going well, and we are still working on Bible studies and translation.

Saturday night I saw the hand of God displayed in a mighty way: Lightning!!! I have always loved watching lightning, but I got to see it up close and personal that night.

It started with rain around 11:00, then the wind started to pick up. Pretty soon it was the heaviest drencher I have ever heard, and the wind was whipping so strong, that every where in my room was getting dampened. My puppy began to cry, and I ran out to rescue the bunny from certain death by drowning... It was amazing how quickly the yard was flooding!

Sometime shortly after 12:00, I had gotten up again to see if I had unplugged something, but just as I came out of my door, I was stopped in my tracks by an incredible flash and a tremendous crash of thunder. I watched, thunderstruck, as the lightning (that hit my phone antenna) travelled down the wire, burst the phone apart, then leapt across the table to fry the satellite modem. Finally, it sent a burst a flame out of the outlet in my room. I was rather startled, but was soon curled up in bed, sleeping for the few hours left of the night.

The next morning, I was surprised to discover it had rained five inches in about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. My phone was obviously dead, as well as the internet, but everything else was okay. I am thankful that it was not the new internet system but the old modem that had been repaired many times anyway.

I am blessed by God's protection and the display of His mighty power! Please be praying for the local farmers. We are having a lot of rain when it should be dry, so they are having trouble preparing their fields to plant vital food to meet the needs of their families.

Also, please be in prayer as we are working on getting the new (used but new to us) satellite dish installed. We are having some difficulties with getting all the parts working. We bought a really inexpensive one at first, but it didn't work at all. After finding another used system, we discovered that part of it is not functioning, so we are trying to figure out what to do next.

God is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you you were not holding that phone when all of this happened.

Sincerely,

Barry